In the last twenty years it is (in) use(d) for various spatial planning projects, mainly in the Netherlands. The framework is also used in applications in Belgium, Germany, Suriname, Honduras, Bangladesh.
- The Ruimtescanner was initially developed at a 500 meter gridcell level (approximately 193.000 cells). Recent versions calculate mainly a 100 meter grid level (approximately 3.300.000 cells).
- The Ruimtescanner works with claims at different regional levels (corop, province, agricultural region).
1. a logit based model to calculate probabilities of future land use.This method uses an Iterative Proportional Fitting procedure to make the allocated land use fit with the given regional land use claims.
2. a discrete allocation method that generates an allocation with maximum total suitability within the constraints of the regional land use claims.This method uses a scaling algorithm for the Semi Assignment Problem
The Student Edition of the Land Use Scanner can be downloaded here.
- Ruimtescanner L
- Ruimtescanner XL (Dutch) differentiates change decisions/events into the layers:
- Land structure and infrastructure
- Building and land development
- usage of buildings and land (by households, companies, farming, etc.).